This look made me feel very sophisticated and very smart (thanks to the personality glasses). I wanted to look like a stylish school teacher. If you know me, you know I’m all about glam looks that stand out. You will rarely find me in just black and white. But when I do wear black and white, I spice it up by mixing prints.
Here are a few helpful tips to consider when mixing prints:
- Match colors, not prints. Similar colors will help blend the prints and create a cohesive look.
- Don’t go overboard, try to only mix two to three patterns max.
- Keep jewelry simple and minimalistic to avoid clashing with your wardrobe.
- If you are not ready to go all out, start small by mixing different patterns in a subtle way by incorporating small accessory details like a patterned shoe, scarf, handbag or belt.
- Easy patterns to mix are polka dots, stripes, plaid, floral and leopard.