Progress is impossible without change. Just as the seasons change, we have to constantly push ourselves to change and make personal adjustments to better our lives. I have learned that I have to take personal responsibility for what I can control. I have absolutely no control over the seasons changing or my circumstances, but I am in full control of myself.
During Fall months, I make changes to my wardrobe by adding in layers, jackets, hats and cardigans to ensure that I am bundled up and warm. Just as I prepare to stay warm on the external, I have to prepare to be my best self internally. I have a few bad habits that I've identified that I don't want to carry into the new year. If I don't start making adjustments now in this season, nothing will be different for me as I transition into 2017. I refuse to enter my 30's with bad habits from my 20's. I have challenged myself in this season to focus on a few changes.
- Being Timely: I have the bad habit of running late, nothing egregious, usually about 10 - 15 minutes or so, but still, I can do better.
- Procrastination: I am the master of putting something off because "I don't feel like it". I am committing to scheduling out task and getting it done instead of putting it off for tomorrow.
- Having Positive Thoughts: I worry about EVERYTHING and cause myself major anxiety and stress over things that are mostly out of my control. Im shifting to trusting God in my situations and letting go.
- Helping Others: I have always had a giving heart, but I am pushing myself to do more. If someone crosses my mind, instead of just sending a text, I am sending handwritten notes and gifts to be a blessing to others.
- Exercise: As the weather gets colder, it gets harder and harder to work out. I am keeping my eyes on the prize. My husband surprised me with a Jamaica trip scheduled for December, also I have to keep it tight for my bikini.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." - Maya Angelou
What are you striving to change this season?
Shop The Look
This color-blocked cardigan from Zara is one of my new favorite pieces for Fall. It's cozy, lightweight and super comfortable. This cardigan was a perfect transition piece to integrate into my wardrobe as the weather cools, because it's not yet cold enough for a coat, but its also too cool to not have on layers. I styled my look with a black wool hat, black camisole, black skinny jeans and leopard pumps to spice it up.